Job Purpose :
Under the general supervision of the Line Chief, the Bus Captain has the primary responsibility for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of passengers during bus transportation to and from their destinations. The Bus Captain is therefore primarily responsible for Customers/passengers safety and Customer Service (quality of service).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that the Bus is a proper working condition at all times.
2.In consultation with the Line Chief, follow efficiently and safely assigned bus route.
3. Ensure the wellbeing of passengers and that they are safely seated.
4. Maintain all transportation records required as per PTC policies.
5. Evacuate passengers in case of emergency.
6. Arrange for the regular inspection of the bus and ensure that any repairs are made pursuant to the inspection.
7. Completes a comprehensive written inspection of the bus daily, reporting any conditions of concern to the supervisor, or delegated staff person, before transporting passengers.
8. Ensure that the communication device (e.g. two-way radio, cellular phone) is in proper working order before each trip.
9. Arranges for and ensures completion of routine maintenance of bus (e.g., oil change); transporting the bus to and from maintenance and/or repair facilities.
10. Ensure that the bus always has sufficient fuel.
11. Ensure that there is always fresh drinking water on the bus.
12. Operates bus in such a way that road and safety regulations are always followed; report any traffic violations to the Line Chief immediately.
13. Follow procedures to guarantee no child is left alone on bus without adult supervision at any time, including insuring all children have departed bus with their guardians.
14. Routinely inventories bus emergency and first aid supplies and equipment, reports needs to the Line Chief, or delegated staff person.
15. In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates passengers according to written and practiced procedures.
16. In the event of an accident, assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required by PTC's procedure and other authorities.
Qualifications & Experience:
Formal Education Required:
1. High School Diploma as minimum
1. A valid Commercial Driver License with Bus Endorsement
2. No prior Criminal Record
3. Negative result of Alcohol and Drugs Tests
4. Previous work experience in KSA or other GCC countries is a plus
5. Previous specific Bus Driver Experience in either home country or GCC countries is a plus
6. Good level of understanding and spoken English and Arabic (The candidate will go through a Language Assessment Test)
7. Ability to stand, walk, reach, stoop, bend and kneel.
8. Usage of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations required.
9. Additional Customer Service Experience in another role
10. Available to work on flexible schedule
11. Previously trained in First Aid or CPR is a plus
12. Completed Safe Driving Training
Years of Experience required:
1. 5 years minimum experience as a Bus or Heavy Commercial Vehicle Driver.
Compensation & Benefits:
SAR 1,600 monthly total compensation.
SAR 1,800 monthly total compensation if language standards achieved.
Overtime rate paid on all hours worked beyond 48h in a week and on Saudi Public Holidays. Overtime rate is 50% above the basic hourly rate
Modern Uniform. Accommodation provided.
Food Provided up to 3 meals a day.
One Leave Ticket Provided every two years of employment.
48h per week (or maximum 60h with overtime under certain circumstances). 8h per day, six days of work per week, one rest day per week.