US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries.Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a Civil Engineer with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
Project management / Construction management:
- Qualified Engineer (B.SC of Engineering or higher)
- At least 15 years of experience
Design Management / Design Review:
- Responsible for the Construction management / Site Supervision.
- Review of Shop drawings, giving comments & approvals.
- To review the Method Statements submitted by the Contractors.
- To resolve the day to day Site issues of Civil matters.
- Review of Technical Queries and to give solutions to the contractors.
- To review and give comments for RFIs about discrepancies in Drawings.
- Co-ordination of Civil works with other disciplines.
- Material Approvals, review with respect to Specifications & relevant Standards.
- Review of As- built drawings as per actual site conditions.
- Site issues, to make sure that any Non-conformity has been reported through a Non-conformance Report, review & close out.
- To check the reports of Material testing from Independent test Laboratory in compliance with Codes / Standards.
- To monitor the Inspection test plan, Daily reports, Inspection requests, carried out by the Inspectors.
- To Co-ordinate with QA / QC and HSE disciplines for proper & safe Supervision of works on site.
- To conduct Technical meetings & Co-ordination meetings in Civil, finishes & MEP disciplines, and to prepare the Minutes of meetings.
- To co-ordinate with Contracts manager, Cost Engineer & Quantity Surveyors for the review of Payment Certificates submitted by the Contractors.
- To monitor the Site Construction activities & Progress with respect to Construction Schedule / Program.
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Review the drawings, reports and specifications submitted by the design consultant at each stage of design to ensure completeness, correctness, compliance with the scope of work and agreements r
- Carry out constructability review during the design and modification stages.
- Review in a timely manner the Design consultant submittals and forward comments to the management.
- Ensure the Design consultant incorporates the comments raised from previous stages / reports or from site modification and implementation.
- Attend Technical meetings with the Design consultants and other Sub-consultants, and Client.
- Review Contractor / Consultant proposed design organizations and related CVs and report to the management.
- To co-ordinate with the Document control section and QA / QC of PMC to ensure that all related documents are properly controlled.
- Review any alternatives to the Design concept submitted by the Design consultants, to prepare and submit a report including recommendation to management.
- Review the materials proposed by the Design Consultant and propose alternatives to improve the quality, future maintenance, safety and cost effectiveness.
- Review the Change requests / variations submitted by the Design Consultants.
- Review Tender Documents to ensure completeness prior to issuing to bidders.
- Participate in the Pre-qualifications of the Construction Contractors list.
- Review and reply to bidders clarifications, participate in issuing bulletins, attending the meetings.
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Possesses the capability
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
|Job Knowledge -
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work -
|High Productivity -
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure