A general practitioner
, also called a GP
or generalist, is a physician who does
not specialize in one particular area of medicine. GPs provide routine health care (e.g., physical examinations, immunizations) and assess and treat many different conditions, including illnesses and injuries.
In the medical profession, a general
) is a medical doctor who treats acute and chronic illnesses and provides preventive care and health education to patients.
Apply For This Job
- undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations.
- organising workloads.
- performing surgical procedures.
- providing general pre- and post-operative care.
- monitoring and administering medication.
- assessing and planning treatment requirements.
- liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals.
- writing reports and maintaining records.
- promoting health education.