Fiber optic technicians can work in a variety of buildings, from large, multi-story office buildings, to small houses. Some of the daily duties of these professionals include:
Apply For This Job
- Installations, troubleshooting, and maintaining all fiber optic systems in businesses, homes, schools, and other organizations to ensure that they are working properly.
- Measuring the signal strength of telephone and internet connections to ensure that there is adequate performance.
- Creating sensors and performing inspections to make sure that the fiber optic systems do not have defects that could undermine performance.
- Conducting regular inspections of the systems with the aim of locating and repairing any defects detected during the inspections.
- Performing premises cabling and running fiber optic cables underground and underwater.
- Determining solutions to any problems and issues that are preventing the fiber optic systems from performing optimally.
- Constructing a proper slice case as well as preparing and maintaining records, diagrams and schematics relating to the splice case.