Functional Skill Requirements and Other Attributes Required:
1. Develop, Internal Audit guidelines and Corporate Governance checklist
2. Ability to interact with Audit Committee, Senior Management, operational staff and work with External Auditors to deliver purposeful audit reports.
3. Ability to make presentations to Audit Committee and Board to highlight issues, recommendations and resolutions.
4. Ability to develop and improve internal audit processes and procedures, in turn improving the quality and consistency of audits
5. Knowledge of Risks and controls across insurance functions.
6. Strong report writing skills and written communication skills
7. Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
8. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and the wider business
9. Strong Project Management skills
Minimum 10 years in Internal Audit. Experience with Big 4 or similar firm of accounting will be an advantage.
General Insurance background only as we need to take the CMA approval for candidates for this position. so unless they have the relevant experience in General Insurance, the CMA will not approve and it will delay the whole process.