The tooling engineer will follow current and new tools and orchestrate tooling improvements. Implement engineering changes and resolve quality concerns to meet production requirements on current and new tools. The tooling engineer must be able to project manage all assigned projects from cradle to grave--from estimation of costs, design, and production insuring on-time budget and quality product delivery.
1) Provide tool and die engineering support to the manufacturing groups.
2) Ensure tooling modifications and designs achieve quality requirements and cost savings.
3) Coordinate quality and productivity improvements with tooling upgrade projects.
4) Utilize good program management skills to ensure milestones are met.
5) Work with press production department to develop and manage tooling modifications to positively impact Press room utilization, efficiency, and quality.
6) Support and occasionally participate in the implementation of new tool start-ups, which includes final debug and production tryout of tooling.
7) Evaluate and analyze part design prints and apply a robust tool design to meet the customer and part quality expectations.
8) Review, modify, and approve tool designs using computer aided drafting ‘CAD’ and provide feedback to tool suppliers.
9) Assist Tool Room personnel on troubleshooting and continuous improvements projects.
10) Maintain an ongoing, up to date project list and be prepared to report weekly detailing issues, corrective actions, cost, and completion dates.
11) Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
12) Overnight travel to tooling suppliers for review and runoff support will be required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
1) Minimum 8 years in manufacturing engineering and/or journeyman tool making.
2) Proficient in AutoCAD.
3) Cad experience with CATIA, PRO/E, Solid Works or any other design related software is an added plus.
4) Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Project.
5) Possess good communication and computer skills. Be a team player. Function effectively in a participative management style environment. Exposure to working in a team-based continuous improvement culture is a real plus.
Salary : 2,000 $
Working Hours 8-5:00 P.M to till
Apply For This Job