US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries. Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a MEP Engineer with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
- MEP Engineer shall be an Engineer by Qualification Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering degree from a recognized University with Professional qualification carrying valid Professional membership of PEC and/or International equivalent membership
- Minimum  years of relevant foreign and local work experience of
- Complex High Rise Building projects of Master Planned Communities
- Site Engineer (Civil / Elect / Mech / Infra/ Utilities)
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Review the MEP coordination drawings submitted by the Contractor at each stage of the Construction to ensure completeness, correctness, compliance with the scope of work and agreements requirements.
- Advise the Project Manager of circumstances that may or will affect delivery of long lead items related to his discipline and take remedial measures, subject to the approval of the Client.
- Manage and co-ordinate the discharge of MEP Contractors obligations as defined in the Construction Agreement and all external influences likely to affect Project delivery on a daily basis.
- Manage and co-ordinate the discharge of MEP Consultants obligations as defined in the consultancy agreements.
- Manage liaison by the project team with relevant statutory authorities and utility providers.
- Review the Request for Information (RFT), change requests / Variations submitted by the Contractor.
- Review the MEP material submittals submitted by the Contractor are in accordance to specifications and agreements requirements.
- Carry out construct ability review during the Design / construction stages.
- Review in a timely manner the Design Consultant / Contractor submittals and forward comments to the Project / Engineering Manager.
- Ensure the Design Consultant / Contractor incorporate the comments raised from previous stages.
- Attend Technical meetings with the Design Consultant and other sub-consultants, contractors and company Team.
- Review Contractor / Sub-Contractor proposed PROJECT organizations and related CV's and report to Project / Engineering Manager on his findings.
- Coordinate with Project Document Controller and PMC QA/QC Engineers to ensure that all Documents related to his discipline are properly controlled.
- Review the materials proposed by the design consultant / contractor and propose alternative to improve the quality, future maintenance, safety and cost effectiveness.
- Participate in the pre-qualification of the MEP Contractors / Sub-Contractors.
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
||Interpersonal Skills -
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Possesses the capability to organize work effectively.
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure.