US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries.Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a QA/QC Engineer with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
- QA/QC Engineer shall be an Engineer by Qualification
- Bachelors of Civil Engineering degree from a recognized University with Professional qualification carrying valid Professional membership of PEC and/or International equivalent membership
- Minimum  years of relevant foreign and local work experience in administrating, monitoring and Supervising QA/QC Processes and materials management of Complex High Rise Building projects and infrastructure and utilities projects of Master Planned Communities.
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Manage the quality assurance/quality control function on-site on various project phases.
- Prepare project site related reports and presentations as required and produce performance measurement tools to monitor the Contractor’s and project performance;
- Ensure that the approved Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and Method Statements are implemented by the Contractor on site and the particular hold points required are coordinated with the Project Team;
- Initiate and supervise independent third party testing at project site to ensure compliance with project specifications;
- Provide technical assistance and advice to Project Team on inspection levels, materials testing Certification and Handover Documentation;
- Conduct Quality or technical compliance audits for Contractor, Sub Contractor or Vendors;
- Review the contract documents for each Construction stage/phase in respect of QA/QC requirements and procedures and advise the SRE of any deficiency;
- Review QA/QC Procedures as submitted by the Contractor’s and ensure implementation is in compliance with agreement requirements;
- Review Inspection, Test, Plans as submitted by the Contractor’s and ensure compliance with agreement requirements;
- Attend activities on site and ensure their compliance with QA/QC procedure in respect of the format signed off by the Contractor’s QA/QC Manager;
- Check all materials and equipment as delivered on site and ensure its compliance with approved materials and specification;
- Closely monitor site activities, fully coordinate with PMC discipline engineers, issuing NCR’s in case of non-compliance and reporting to Senior Resident Engineer in case of shortage of skilled labourers and/or site supervision staff;
- Participate with PMC staff in reviewing the Close-Out Report as submitted by the Contractor’s;
- Coordinate with the Contractor’s QA/QC representative;
- Ensure that the Contractor submits a Project-Specific Quality Plan and any other contractual requirement;
- Maintain and measure The Contractor’s compliance with agreement’s annexures as well as the Technical Specification; and, Conduct Quality Meetings with the Contractor on regular time interval.
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Possesses the capability
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
|Job Knowledge -
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work -
|High Productivity -
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure