US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries. Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a QA/QC Manager with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Qualified and experienced Lead Auditor/ISO 9001 Lead Assessor.
- Recognized formal qualification in Quality Management System & Audits for ISO 9001:2008, NEBOSH or equivalent.
- B.Sc. in either Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in Design and/or Construction Management related jobs and a minimum of 8 years of experience as a QA/QC Manager (or equivalent), working in major engineering projects, including Architectural Engineering/Civil projects (Design Stage and Construction Stage).
- Proven experience in developing, deploying, implementing and monitoring Documented Quality Management Systems in projects of similar scale and complexity.
- Proven experience in managing several QA teams at once, within his/hers own organization and external parties (Consultants and Contractors).
- Leadership experience in Quality Management at senior managerial level.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of ISO 9001-2008, Quality Management System’s requirements in general and in particular for the Construction Industry.
- Exposure to TQM (total quality management) in the construction industry.
- Extensive experience / knowledge of Design and Construction Inspection & Testing aspects / procedures of building systems & materials.
- Excellent knowledge of the use of programs such as Excel, Access and Power Point, being able to develop project management and control tools.
- Conducts and / or participates in technical compliance audits on all ongoing work to ensure compliances for consultants and contractors.
- Reviews the contract documents for each Package with respect to QA/QC requirements and procedures and advises the Hill SCT - CRE of any deficiency.
- Reviews QA/QC site organization, key personnel CV’s as submitted by the consultants and contractors and advises the Hill SCT – CRE of his comments.
- Reviews QA/QC Procedures and document control as submitted by the consultants and contractors and ensures implementation is in compliance with Contracts requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Project Quality Plan
- Develop Quality Control procedures and forms in compliance with the existing market standards and local regulations.
- Attends activities on site and ensure their compliance with QA/QC procedures
- Monitors Quality Management Plan implementation through Quality Control procedures and report findings to the Client.
- Monitors Non Compliance issues and safeguard the proper and on time mitigating actions for these.
- Liaison with the appropriate departments for issues interrelating with the Quality of the work.
- Interact with the client’s quality assurance department.
- Maintain all contractual turnover documents and ensure that they are up to date and meet all requirements.
- Manage, administer and maintain records of project wide quality systems implementation.
- Perform as coordinator and facilitator to ensure Consultants and Contractors implement their quality systems in accordance with the project QA/QC contracts requirements and specifications.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the Client agreed Project Procedures to the client’s satisfaction.
- To report any Quality issues that might have a counter effect on time or cost of the project on timely manner.
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Participates in reviewing Close-Out Report as submitted by Contractors
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Possesses the capability to organize work effectively.
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure.