US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries. Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a QA/QC Supervisor with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
- QA/QC Supervisor shall be an Engineer by Qualification
- Bachelors of Civil Engineering degree from a recognized University with Professional qualification carrying valid Professional membership of PEC and/or International equivalent membership
- Minimum  years of relevant foreign and local work experience in administrating, monitoring and Supervising QA/QC Processes and materials management of Complex High Rise Building projects and infrastructure and utilities projects of Master Planned Communities.
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Ensure performance of the work in strict accordance with the plans and specifications and Quality Standards
- Enforce all quality control procedures on site.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labour and equipment used, etc. and sign at the end of each day.
- Interface with the public, especially residents and business owners adjacent to the work to mitigate the construction impacts.
- Coordinate with the Contractor’s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
- Coordinate with the Laboratory Technician and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
- Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
- Report questionable methods of operation by the Contractor to the Assistant Resident Engineer.
- Report to the Assistant Resident Engineer any failure of the Contractor to conform to plans and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
- Process the request to check work forms and maintain records of their status.
- Maintain records of completed works for interim and final payment and as-build plans.
- Maintain detailed records of work performed by the Contractor on a day works basis.
- Make special notes and document the Contractor’s activities that may lead to claims.
- Be fair and firm in dealings with the Contractor. Consider alternatives and consequences carefully before making decisions.
- Issue instructions to the Foreman in Charge of the work and do not argue with the Contractor or his representatives.
- Notify the Assistant Resident Engineer of conditions that render it impractical or unreasonable to enforce the specifications.
- Report and document any accident that occurs on site and notify the Assistant Resident Engineer immediately.
- Enforce performance of the work in strict accordance with the approved Safety Plan.
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Possesses the capability
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
|Job Knowledge -
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work -
|High Productivity -
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure