US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries. Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a Resident Engineer/Construction Manager, with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Resident Engineer/Construction Manager shall be an Engineer by qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University; carrying valid Professional membership of PEC or International equivalent membership.
- Total 20 Years of experience; Minimum 15 years of foreign work experience mostly in High Rise Buildings at Master Planned Communities and minimum 5 years of Local work experience mostly in High Rise Buildings at Master Planned Communities.
- Minimum 20 years relevant experience
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in similar projects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Pakistan in similar High rise projects.
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for the construction project; provides conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents.
- Develop and/or administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; perform project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of the construction project; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction departments.
- Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and with client requirements.
- Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepare project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate.
- Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approves contractor invoices for payment.
- Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing operations.
- Inspects, approves, and accepts completed projects for the institution, ensuring conformance with institutional standards, building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications.
- Represent the institution in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations.
- Researches and prepares various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate.
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Posseses the capability to organize work effectively.
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure.