US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries. Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a Senior Contracts Engineer with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Senior Contracts Engineer shall be an Engineer by qualification
- Bachelors of Civil Engineering degree from a recognized University with Professional qualification carrying valid Professional membership of PEC and/or International equivalent membership
- Minimum  years of relevant foreign and local work experience of administrating, managing, and handling complex contracts of High Rise Building Projects and Infrastructure & Utilities projects of master planned communities.
- Knowledge of contract law and commercial practice.
- Knowledge of key areas, such as indemnities, insurance, guarantees, warranties, liquidated damages, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to lead issues and proactive obtain resolution to problems, decisive and confident
- Ability to work on own initiative, without close supervision.
- Able to manage a high workload, work in a demanding environment and demonstrate commitment.
- Experience of working in a commercial/projects/business role and interfacing
- Demonstrated experience in Contract Management
- Good organizational, experienced in risk management and project management skills
- High level problem solving skills to resolve complex and sensitive issues.
- Proficiency in the use of a range of office software
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Review all Agreement Documents to make sure of Contractor Scope of works and its contractual obligations under the subject Agreement
- Prepares necessary documents/reports and analysis related to contractual issues
- Regular visits to the site, in order to follow up the project status and its records.
- Assist Project Team with reviewing, Commenting and responding to Contractor correspondences. Besides advising, in particular, upon any contractual/commercial aspects raised therein.
- Lead negotiation and claims meetings and summarize result after obtaining appropriate confirmations.
- Follows up on the submission by Contractor of all required bank guarantees, warranties, insurances and other specified documentation and verifies their acceptability to Client.
- Reviews all projects documentation/correspondence to identify any contractual or commercial implications that may impact adversely upon Client’s interest.
- Initiates preparation of appropriate contractual responses to Contractor for issue by Project Team in order to extinguish and/or mitigate such matters.
- Monitors and processes commercial and contractual aspects pertaining to Variations/Change Orders and claims.
- Study, evaluate and advise on claims made by Contractor in light of contractual obligations and in conjunction with the technical input from the Project Team.
- Prepare an appropriate strategy for extinguishing or initiating the cost/schedule impact of such claims for approval by Company.
- Implements the approved claim strategy and assists with the negotiation of an optimized and fair settlement while maintaining Client’s Interest.
- Complete final settlement and close-out of the contract.
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Possesses the capability to
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
|Job Knowledge -
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work -
|High Productivity -
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure