US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries. Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a Site Engineer - Infrastructure with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Bachelors of Civil Engineering degree from a recognized University with Professional qualification carrying valid Professional membership of PEC and/or International equivalent membership
- Minimum  years of relevant work experience of Complex High Rise Building projects and infrastructure & utilities projects of Master Planned Communities.
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Review the Infrastructural drawings, reports, specification submitted by the Design Consultants at each stage of the Design to ensure completeness, correctness, compliance with the scope of work and agreements requirements.
- Carry out construct ability review during the Design and modification stages.
- Review in a timely manner the Design Consultants submittals and forward comments to the Engineering Manager.
- Ensure the Design Consultant incorporates the comments raised from previous stages.
- Attend Technical meetings with the Design Consultants and other Sub- Consultants, Contractor’s and company Team.
- Review any alternative to the Design concept submitted by the Design Consultant, prepare and submit a report including recommendation to the Engineering Manager highlighting advantages and disadvantages of each alternative.
- Review the materials proposed by the Design Consultant and propose alternatives to improve the quality, future maintenance, safety and cost effectiveness.
- Review the change requests / variations submitted by the Design Consultant.
- Review Tender Documents to ensure completeness prior to issuing to Bidders.
- Participate in the pre-qualification of the construction contractors’ list.
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Possesses the capability
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
|Job Knowledge -
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work -
|High Productivity -
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure