US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries. Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a Site Supervisor (Civil) with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Site Engineer shall be an Associate Engineer / Engineer by Qualification
- Bachelors of Technology (B.Tech) in Civil or D.A.E from a recognized University / Institution
- Minimum  years of extensive relevant work experience of Complex High Rise Building projects and infrastructure & utilities projects of Master Planned Communities.
- Member of the Pakistani Engineering Council (PEC)
The duties of the Site Supervisor shall include but not be limited to the following tasks:
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Coordinating with PMC staff in controlling overall Project Quality, Safety, Progress and Cost Objectives, as well as to ensure all Project Documentation are properly controlled as per Company requirements.
- Supervise PMC site Inspection team and make sure that each member of the team is aware of the project quality requirements.
- Make sure that all inspection team members have access to an updated copy of the project documents related to the discipline of each member.
- For small projects, Site Supervisor may be requested by Company to perform the duty of the Inspection Engineer as per the relevant job description.
- Make sure that all site activities are properly monitored and all relevant quality records are established and maintained.
- Regular visits to Project site to ensure quality of work is in compliance with contract requirements, good construction practice, only approved materials are used, compliance with shop drawings, and report any deviations to Construction Manager.
- Make sure that all site inspections are carried out as per the intervention points marked in the approved Inspection and Test Plan.
- Regular visits to Contractor’s stores to make sure that all storage, handling and preservation activities are carried as per the manufacturer recommendations.
- Closely monitor the Project site activities in respect of Quality, Safety and Progress and advise Construction Manager of findings, area of concern and corrective action.
- Participate with PMC staff in reviewing the Contract documents for each Construction package and advise Company of any deficiency.
- Review and comment on Contractors proposed site organization, key personnel CV’s and advise Project Manager.
- Review and monitor in timely manner, each Contractor proposed construction equipment and manpower histogram and advice Company of any shortage.
- Overview and comment on proposed Sub-Contractors, vendors, materials, shop drawings and any other transmittal by Contractor for each Construction Package.
- Ensure Contractors Compliance with Contract obligations concerning Design changes. Trend Notices etc.
- Assess change requests as submitted by Contractors and report to Construction Manager.
- Review and initial PMC assessment of monthly progress invoices for each Construction Package.
- Ensure PMC staff involvement in Quality, Safety and Progress aspects.
- Involvement in Contractors Transmittals addressing Construction methodology. Method Statements, Project Quality Plan, Quality Control Procedures, Inspection and Test Plans, Safety Plan, Schedules and compliance with Project objectives.
- Advise Construction Manager on any potential variation to scope of work, which may generate cost or time impact and present PMC assessment.
- Participate with PMC staff in assessing variations, claims and report to Company.
- Advise Construction Manager of any foreseen slippage of Progress and propose corrective actions
- Attend weekly progress meetings, weekly technical meetings and Monthly Executive Meetings. (Positively participate in agenda preparation), and prepare minutes of meetings.
- Review weekly and monthly reports as presented by Contractors and present to Construction Manager Comments of non-compliance, and / or area of concern and corrective actions.
- Participate with PMC in reviewing and implementing pre commissioning and commissioning plans.
- Participate with PMC staff in final inspection of work and preparation of Punch List.
- Participate with PMC staff in reviewing and assessing the Close out Report submitted by Contractor.
- Present feedback to Company internal auditing and any other third party auditing hired by – Company.
- Overview the As-Built drawings, vendor and equipment warranties, O&M Manuals, Spare Parts and Training Programmes as submitted by Contractor.
- Make sure that any non-conformity has been reported through a Non Conformance Report (NCR). AU NCRs shall be coordinated with the PMT Senior Quality Assurance Engineer.
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
||Interpersonal Skills - Adheres to Standard of Conduct
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Posseses the capability to organize work effectively.
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure.