US based Project Management firm with offices throughout the world. With over 3,000 employees in more than 50 offices in over 35 countries. Provides program management, project management, construction management, advisory services, and management consulting and risk assessment. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked as the 8th largest construction management firm in the World.
Seeking to employ a Structural Engineer with heavy construction experience for one of its on-going projects in Karachi, Pakistan.
- Relevant Degree from a recognized university with Professional qualification carrying valid membership of PEC/ PCATP
- Minimum  years relevant experience
- Minimum  years relevant experience in similar projects
- Minimum  years’ experience in Pakistan
Person Specification, Skills, and Knowledge
- Review the Structural drawings, reports, specification submitted by the Design Consultant to ensure completeness, correctness, comply with the scope of work and requirements.
- Carry out constructability review.
- Review in timely manner the Contractors’ submittals and forward the comments to the A/E Consultant.
- Ensure that the Contractor incorporated the comments raised from previous Stages.
- Attend Technical meetings with the Contractor’s Sub- Consultants, and other members of the Project Management team.
- Coordinate with the Document Controller to ensure that all Documents related to his discipline are properly controlled.
- Review alternatives to the Design submitted by the Contractor, prepare and submit a report including recommendation to A/E Consultant highlighting advantages and disadvantages of each alternative.
- Review and approve product data, samples, inspection and test reports and other Contractor submittals.
- Ensure that the A/E Consultant is carrying out off-site inspections of materials and equipment as necessary.
- Ensure that all materials pertinent to his discipline are reviewed without delay by the A/E Consultant.
- Monitor Contractor’s submittals and the Consultant’s replies concerning the timely processing of shop drawings
- Instruct the Contractor to take samples as required.
- Prepare lists of defects and issue to and check rectification by the Contractor.
- Ensure that the Contractor’s as-built drawings and operations and maintenance manuals are in order.
- Attend value-engineering workshops early in the design stage with the other project staff and he will review the productivity of each of the stages of the structural design produced by the Consultant
Apply For This Job
|Job Knowledge - Possesses the technical/professional knowledge required to successfully perform job duties
|Reliable, trustworthy and persistence
||Proficient in English, speaking, writing and listening
|Initiative and creativity - Ability to work with minimal supervision and takes ownership of work and makes suggestions for improvement
||Possesses a flexible approach to work
|Leadership - Demonstrates the ability to lead and direct others in accomplishing work
||Ability to analyze and solve problems
|Planning and Organizing – Possesses the capability to organize work effectively.
||Skills in organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling workflow
||Keen attention to detail
|High Quality of Work
||Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team
|Judgment - decisions are based on logical assumptions; reflect factual information and available resources.
||Able to work well under pressure.