We are looking for Bunkering Operation Manager with having minimum 3 years of working experience for Bunker Delivery Operations, coordination / liaising with Port Authorities, Customs, Bunker Customers and other agencies for smooth operation of bunker sales for new establish company.
- Coordinating with the supply vessel / Vessel Agents for shipping operations related to the delivery of Marine Fuels including performance monitoring and demurrage claims.
- Candidate will be responsible for the bunker delivery operations of the company which is a 24/7 job.
- Candidate will have to handle all operational support services and work closely with the marine bunker sales team.
- Ensure all documentation is carried out and maintain proper documentation system of all bunker related activity.
- Manage supplier relationships (with oil majors/minor, traders and brokers)
- Negotiate and execute all bunker purchasing contracts with suppliers
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery of fuels for the global fleet
- Develop a strategic approach to group bunker purchases
- Evaluating future vessel itineraries creating operational efficiencies
- Ensuring compliance with purchasing procedures
- Enforce compliance ensuring suitable bunkers are available and that fuel procurement is compliant with relevant regulatory requirements
- Managing legal and operational risk and claims acting as point of contact with suppliers
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on market trends
- Manage bunker quality and validation processes
- Should work well under pressure and be able to face and overcome unexpected obstacles.
- All other duties and responsibilities related to this are as per management instruction.
- Applicant should have a minimum of a bachelor degree /certificate level qualification in shipping or related to shipping, from a reputed & recognized institute.
- Recognized degree in Business or Procurement with minimum 3 years relevant experience within the bunker supply chain
- Applicant should have a shipping background having worked in bunkering, shipping agency or any other shipping related organization preferably in the operations
- Good command of English, spoken and written is a pre-requisite while communication skills in other languages are an advantage.
- Computer proficiency.
- Should be a team player with leadership skill and should be customer oriented.
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Commercial and legal/contract knowledge
- Able to work in a systematic and organized manner
- Strong analytical mind with a natural ability to identify trends and make practical recommendations at all levels of the organization, with a strategic mind-set