Assistant Consultant in PM & R
To provide medical services in the form of assessment and treatment of patients with disabilities through inpatient, outpatient and consultation services under the scope of service of the hospital.
A — Clinical
- Being responsible for all aspects of the wellbeing of patients under the supervision of his/her consultant, this includes in as well as the outpatient
- Assessment of alt newly admitted patients as assigned in a rehabilitation hospital within 24 hours and making a management plan including writing orders for medical and rehabilitation treatment
- Regular review of all inpatients as assigned with documentation as per documentation policy
- First/second on call for inpatients and consultation services as per schedule within and outside the hospital as part of an outreach
- Responsible for assisting in OPD services as per schedule under the supervision of the
- Run some OPD clinics independently.
- Responsible for attending all the physiatrist meetings and academic activities as per
- Responsible for amending all other meetings assigned by the
- Attendin9 and assisting in all invasive procedures of patients under his/her team care.
- Attending and participating in all the case conferences for patients under his/her team
- Supervising junior medical staff clinical
- Training medical staff under his/her supervision. Also nursing, paramedical and patient education as per schedule
- Making sure that the patients and/or their families are very well informed about the condition of the patient.
- Implementing hospital Internal Policies and Procedures.
- Contributing to the total quality management of the assigned services
- Assisting in conducting high quality ethically based research.
- Performing other tasks as indicated by section/department ad or hospital authority.
- Compliance with the responsibilities as per the inpatient and outpatient responsibility guidelines document.
- Liaison with other professionals to ensure seamless patient care
- Responsible for Patient/Family/Caregiver education.
B – Infection Control
- Contributing to the prevention and controlling of infection through standard infection control practices and compliance with the infection control policies in order to ensure the highest quality of care to
- Assuming appropriate administrative responsibility in that regard as
C – CPD (Continuing Professional Development).
- Taking advantage of continuing professional developing events taking place both in and out of
- Developing skills and special interests which will enhance the performance of the Department as a whole
- Actively contributing to internal CPD activities e.g. grand rounds, journal club
- Graduate of MBBS from an approved School.
- Completed a residency program in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 3 years of working experience as an assistant consultant.
- Have enough experience and recommendations to qualify him/her to work as an assistant consultant.
- One year of internship in a recognized training program.